These mini meatloves are best eaten cold, either dunked in mayo, ketchup, brown sauce or mustard, or sliced up and made into sandwiches with the whole fandango of sauces. I sometimes add lingonberry sauce to the mix too. Throw in a gherkin and some pickles and this is lunch nirvana. Don't forget the napkins though.
- 1 pound sausagemeat
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ⅓ cup steak sauce (such as A1 sauce)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes (or ½ teaspoon table salt)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mixing really well with your hands or a fork.
- Divide the mixture into 12 balls, and then shape them into mini loaves.
- Sit the mini meatloaves on a lined baking sheet with space between each and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- You could eat them hot, but best let them cool and keep in the fridge to slice and eat in sandwiches, or to dip in mayo.