Search

Search Amazon Here

News Links
Local
« Ford Recalls 1.48 Million F-150 Trucks | Main | Ortec Pendleton Expansion to Add 18 Jobs »
Wednesday
Feb132019

County Council Approves Senior Meals Program, Gives Final Nod to Orian Rugs Agreement

In an attempt to meet deadlines for the company involved, Anderson County Council gave final approval to  the converting of the lease agreement and tax incentives to simplified fee for Orian Rugs, Inc.

“This does not change their fee agreement,” said Anderson County Economic Development Director Burriss Nelson. Nelson said the company paid $192,000 in property taxes in 2018.

Council also gave the go ahead to re-establish a program to provide senior citizens in outlying areas two hot meals a week, in partnership with Meals on Wheels on Anderson. Federal grants will provide 90 percent of the funding, and the State of South Carolina will provide the other 10 percent.

"This is replading a program that is not loner in place, and is definietly bringing some services back to our seniors in Anderson County," said Anderson County Councilman Ray Graham.

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

References (1)

References allow you to track sources for this article, as well as articles that were written in response to this article.
  • Response
    Today Current Affairs, GK, News, Burning Issues and more exams relative topic you can get only hare with all the latest’s update. We are published daily basis current Affairs, GK, and burning issues articles.

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>